There is no denying that gun violence in America is a scary and large reality. In fact, tens of thousands of deaths and injuries occur as a result of gun violence in America annually. Not to mention that in 2017 gun deaths reached their highest level in over 40 years. Unfortunately, gun violence in America statistics like that don’t seem to be slowing down either. While it is a frightening and uncomfortable topic to discuss, it is important to understand some shooting statistics so that you can begin to see how serious the matter is and how important it is to protect yourself.
US Shooting Statistics
100 Americans are killed with guns every day. That may be a daunting and unsettling truth, but, at the end of the day, it is a truth. US shooting statistics like this are vital to be aware of. Knowledge is power when it comes to the threat of shootings and gun violence, and that is why CQ2 has put together a list of some more jarring, but truthful US shooting statistics to help you understand the severity and reach of gun violence.
- Approximately 1.4 million people have died from a firearm in the US between 1968-2011. That statistic has continued to increase over the last decade.
- Over 100,000 Americans are shot and injured from gun violence each year.
- The US gun homicide rate is 25 times that of other high-income countries.
- One mass shooting happens every day in the US. A mass shooting is defined as an event where four or more people are killed or injured with a firearm.
- 6 of the 10 deadliest mass shootings in the US have occurred in the last 10 years alone.
- The second-leading cause of death among children is gun violence.
While these US shooting statistics and gun violence in America statistics may be alarming, this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the impact that gun violence has on every sector of life.
School Shooting Statistics
A school should be a setting for growth, learning, and comfort for all of the young ones in our lives. Over the past few years, however, schools have become commonplace for shootings and gun violence. School shooting statistics, like those listed below, are horrifying, but again, true. It is important to understand school shooting statistics like these so that we can begin to see the importance of additional protection within our schools for the safety, comfort, and overall well being of our children.
- In 2018, a student’s risk of dying in a school shooting peaked and hit the highest level in at least 25 years.
- At least 60% of teens outwardly claim to be concerned about a shooting within their particular school.
- This year, students were released from school in March of 2020 because of the widespread impacts of COVID-19. This was the first March without a school shooting in 20 years.
Office Shooting Statistics
Oftentimes we link tragic shootings to schools and places of worship. These tragic incidents leave a mark in our minds, yet, they are not the most common places for shootings and gun violence. Office or retail settings are actually the most common places for shootings to occur, which can be seen in the office shooting statistics listed below.
- One person is shot at work every day.
- Every year, over 300 people are shot and killed at work in America.
- Out of all of the mass shootings recorded since 1966, at least 25% of them occurred at the workplace.
- 70% of all active shooter incidents occur within a business or educational setting.
There is an endless amount of people involved in the day-to-day operations of any given business. There are workers, customers and clients, families of the staff, and so many more. This, unfortunately, opens up a wider range of possible shooters. Common workplace assailants include co-workers, the customers and clients that business serves, robbers, family members of the workers, and many others. Work should be a safe space to conduct business in, and the CQ2 team knows how to add an additional layer of security to help make this a reality.
Home Invasion Shooting Statistics
Last, but certainly not least, are the unnerving home invasion shooting statistics that everyone should know. It is important to take statistics, like the home invasion shooting statistics below, and learn from them.
- Over 2 million homes will experience a break-in or burglary this year alone.
- There are over 4,500 home burglaries per day in just the US.
- Over a third of robberies involve a firearm.
There is no such thing as “too much” when it comes to protecting your home, especially when home invasion shooting statistics like this exist. That is why the team at CQ2 is ready and able to help you add an additional layer of protection to your home.
How CQ2 Can Help
Gun violence in America statistics like this can be difficult to read, but at the end of the day, they are important to know and understand in order to better prepare yourself and protect your loved ones and the environments they are in. Protect yourself and your loved ones from becoming a part of one of these shooting statistics.
Our team at CQ2 is here to help you with any and all bulletproofing needs. Whether it is in the home, at a school or office, or anywhere else, we provide top-of-the-line bulletproof doors and bulletproof windows to help keep the community safe. Contact us for more information and explore all of our bulletproofing products and services today!